Here we go again! Hello strangers! I never intended to be gone for as long as I have been, and I have to say I’m really sorry because not only did I disappear out of nowhere, but I haven’t logged into reply to comments or catch up with everyone’s posts. Trust me I plan on rectifying that today in spades, so some of you will probably be getting a tonne of notifications courtesy of me! I do think a break from blogging was definitely necessary for me, but not because I’d run out of ideas or caught the dreaded bloggers block! I actually had an abundance of things I wanted to do with Puddles Of Ink, and I couldn’t figure out how to do it all and what was best. So I took the past couple of weeks to try out different things and think about what I wanted to do, and I finally think I’m on the right track!
- After a lot of customising, modifying, free-trialling and deliberation……I’ve decided that this blog is going to stay exactly how It is in terms of the web address and general format. Anticlimactic, I know! I am, however, working on an official website for Puddles Of Ink where I’ll showcase my main pieces and sell my artwork. On that site will be an external link to this blog. I’ve done a lot of research and I think this is the best way to balance the two.
- I will be adjusting the content of this blog a little bit – it’s been live since September 2014 so there’s a lot on here that needs revisiting! I have pieces I’d like to rework, other bits I want to delete and some things I need to reorganise, so that’s another thing I’ll be doing over the next couple of weeks.
- Another thing I need to mention is that for the past couple of weeks I’ve been writing some content for the My Trending Stories website – if you follow my on Instagram you may have seen a few of my illustrations linked to posts I’ve written for them. If anyone remembers Puddles Of Avni, you’ll remember I used to do book reviews as well as beauty-related posts, and that’s what a lot of my articles there are about, as well as various other things. There are so many different topics on there with a fantastic community of bloggers writing some great content, so please check it out if you’re interested. I’ll always link to my posts on Instagram as they go up, and in every monthly favourites/empties post I’ll do a round-up of the articles I’ve written for them!
I’ll be uploading once or twice a week here until I get the website up and running, but you’ll find regular uploads on my Instagram, and I upload articles 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) on My Trending Stories.
I’m sorry they aren’t coloured this month, but the favourites definitely are!
- Clean On Me Shower Gel, Soap & Glory: I adore Soap & Glory shower gels because they’re creamy, smell amazing and last for months. Clean On Me is one of my firm favourites, and I’ll definitely be repurchasing this at some point!
- Garnier Micellar Water: What would an Empties post be without one of these? I’m using the green topped one at the moment, but I have to say I prefer the original.
- The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose Perfume: I got this in a gift set ages ago and I finally got to the bottom of it. I love this scent – it’s fresh, not too flowery and the bottle is gorgeous. But it doesn’t last on the skin for very long, and that’s why I stopped reaching for it as much as some of my other perfumes.
- No 7 Blemish Defence Serum: I have to say this has been sat untouched in my collection for months because I just couldn’t be bothered to get rid of it. I’ve mentioned before that these kinds of products never work for me – I have an oily t-zone, but I find the best way for me to keep my skin clear is with a good face mask, scrub and face wash rather than serums and creams. This is a really thin liquid you apply to oilier areas, and I know a lot of people who swear by this, so if serums and spot treatments tend to work for you then definitely check this out. But it just wasn’t for me.
- Origins Super Spot Remover: This, again, is like the previous product. Most people adore it and swear by it, but this fell short for me. It’s not that it didn’t work, it’s more the fact that it didn’t work as quickly for me as it does for other people who see results after one night. For me, tea tree oil works straight away at killing bacteria, drying out the blemish and getting rid of it overall than this did. Again, if these kinds of products tend to work for you then you’ll probably have a much better experience with it than me, but I doubt I’d repurchase it again.
- Boots Nail Polish Remover: Not the most exciting product, but definitely a necessity. I’m fickle with nail polish remover and tend to switch between what’s on offer, but I always have this in my collection as it’s a fail-safe and works on glitter polish too.
- Smashbox 24 Photo Ready Eye Primer: I really like this eye primer, and I was sad when I got to the end of it because it’s one of those primers you subconsciously get used to. I would definitely get this again, but I do like to switch between my primers and at the moment I’m trying to get through my beloved Pixi Eye Bright primer before purchasing anything else.
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara: This was a really nice mascara that I didn’t think I’d like at all, but I found that the drier it got the easier I found it to apply. I found that I could make it look quite natural in the daytime, and build it up to look striking for the evening.
I hope this wasn’t too long to get through – thank you for making it to the end if you did! What have you guys been up to? What do you think of the website idea? What are your thoughts on the Empties this month?